Hatha Yoga Teacher Training – Winter
Interested in deepening your yoga practice on and off the mat? Interested in taking your experience to the next level by becoming a yoga teacher?
Our Hatha Yoga Teacher Training programs are designed to make yoga accessible to people of all ages, abilities, and fitness levels.
We work on all levels of the body, mind and spirit, not only improving strength and flexibility but rejuvenating the whole being. Whether you plan to teach yoga, develop your own personal practice or would like to enhance your career by offering yoga, our program will give you a firm foundation to teach safely, skillfully and with integrity.
Meeting over 11 weekends, our Winter program is a total of 200+ hours including 180 contact hours and 40 personal hours. The program meets and exceeds the requirements for a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
- Teaching Asana – Learn to teach safely, effectively and with confidence.
- Meditation – Learn to teach a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind.
- Pranayama – Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi sodhana and kumbhaka. Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana (vital life force).
- Anatomy – Western anatomy and physiology will be studied, including the various body systems, the physical effects of yoga on the body, how to avoid injury in key areas, and how to work with basic injuries.
- Yogic Anatomy – Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body and the chakra system.
- Yogic History and Philosophy – Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a real model that can be applied to daily life.
Open House Information Sessions
Please check back for the 2013-14 dates and times! If you have immediate questions we would be most happy to meet with you in person or answer any questions by telephone and email. Please contact Devinder Kaur, email@example.com to arrange a meeting or to send in your questions.
- Laurie Howe;
- PranaShanti Teachers; and
- Other guest teachers.
- January 10-12, 2014
- January 24-26, 2014
- February 7-9, 2014
- February 21-23, 2014
- February 28-March 2, 2014
- March 14-16, 2014
- March 28-30, 2014
- April 4-6, 2014
- April 18-20, 2014
- May 9-11, 2014
- May 30-June 1, 2014
Days and Hours:
- Fridays: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
$2,700.00 per person + HST. Early Bird Pricing! Save $200 by registering before November 30, 2013 for $2,500.00 + HST.
Included in the Tutition:
Classroom instruction, the required Yoga text books and handouts, home study assignments/projects, a 10-class package at PranaShanti, personal mentorship, practice teachings and certification.
PranaShanti is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
Register Online, by telephone or in person.
- Refunds (minus a $300 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date.
- No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started.
- 10% Student Discount for full time students and seniors.
- Payment plans, a Work Exchange and Scholarship Program are also available.
- Minimum Registration is 15 students, maximum registration is 25 students.
See also: hatha yoga teaching team; yin yoga teaching training; kundalini yoga teacher training level 1; kundalini yoga teacher training level 2; kundalini yoga teacher training level 3; and kundalini yoga teaching team