Hatha Yoga Teacher Training – Summer
Our program is life-transforming and is for everyone. Whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge.
The program is Yoga Alliance registered and consists of 200+ hours. Immerse yourself in the yoga teachings during our 8-day waterfront retreat followed by 3 classroom weekends.
What will you learn?
- Methods to deepen your personal practice
- Skills to create safe and inspiring yoga classes
- Foundations of asana and pranayam
- Yogic and western anatomy
- Anatomy in motion
- Hands on assisting
- Yogic philosophy
- Relaxation & meditation techniques
View our Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Brochure
Open House FREE Information Sessions
Sunday, April 28th, 2013 – 4 pm
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 – 7:30 pm
Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 – 7:30 pm
Saturday, July 6th, 2013 – 12:30 pm
If you have immediate questions we would be most happy to meet with you in person or answer any questions by telephone and email. Please contact Devinder Kaur, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting or to send in your questions.
Our retreat is held July 13th to 21st, 2013, at a private waterfront retreat property just over an hour from Ottawa. During this week (90 contact hours + 10 self study hours) you will be immersed in the teachings (1 day in Ottawa and 7 nights, 8 days at the retreat) while enjoying a beautiful serene environment that also includes delicious meals prepared for us, personal time for rest and reflection, swimming, nature walks and campfires.
Our focus on retreat is to deepen our personal practice while expanding our understanding of asanas, posture development, yogic and western anatomy, meditation and yogic philosophy and lifestyle. Our days at the retreat will begin with a daily morning sadhana of meditation (silent &/or with chanting) and yoga practiced on the beach, weather permitting. Our days continue with a combination of lecture, instructional videos, yoga, meditation, small group practice and group discussion. Our final evening together on retreat includes a fire puja ceremony to honour our personal growth and development and celebrate our time together.
We follow our retreat by meeting over 3 weekends at the PranaShanti Yoga Centre. During our classroom weekends we further hone our skills by focusing on teaching practice/coaching with peers, advanced anatomy in motion, continued studies of philosophy, meditation and posture (asana) development, project presentations and a variety of subjects for preparing teachers to enter the yoga teaching world, (90 contact hours + 25 hours self study).
Dates and Timings:
Retreat Dates and Hours:
- Saturday, July 13th, 2013 – 1 PM to 4:00 PM at PranaShanti Yoga Centre for introductions, Q&A and preparation for the retreat; and
- Sunday, July 14th, 2013 to Sunday, July 21st, 2013, 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM daily at the retreat. The first day of retreat begins at 2 PM, last day of retreat finishes at 3 PM.
Classroom Dates and Hours:
- August 9-11, 2013;
- August 23-25, 2013; and
- September 13-15, 2013.
Fridays 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Saturdays & Sundays 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
Option #1 – Pay in full on or before June 13th, 2013: $3,600.00 + HST.
Option #2 – Pay in full after June 13th, 2013: $3,850.00 + HST.
Option #3 – Payment plan $3,995.00 + HST. A deposit of $500.00 + HST on or before the start date and equal payments until the end of this module.
- Hatha Yoga manual;
- 10 Yoga class package at PranaShanti Yoga Centre;
- 3 healthy meals prepared for us each day and private (single) bedroom lodging while at the retreat;
- All class instruction;
- Home study assignment/project;
- Practice teaching;
- Personal mentorship;
- Opportunities to assist in Drop-in classes;
- During training students receive 10% off purchases at PranaShanti for such items as CD’s, books, manuals, clothing, yoga mats and bags.
Laurie Howe, Guy Tardif, Jennifer Stackhouse and Greg Kaps.
Meet your Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainers
Register Online, by telephone or in person.
- Refunds (minus a $300 Administration Fee) are available up to 5 days before the starting date.
- No refunds or credits will be provided after the course has started.
- Registration for closes July 7th, 2013 at 5:00 PM.
- 10% discount for full time students and seniors.
- Payment plans, 1 Work Exchange and 1 Scholarship are also available.
- Minimum Registration is 15 students, maximum registration is 25 students.
See also: hatha yoga teaching team; yin yoga teaching training; kundalini yoga teacher training level 1; kundalini yoga teacher training level 2; kundalini yoga teacher training level 3; and kundalini yoga teaching team
“If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master something, teach it.” Yogi Bhajan.